The province of Manitoba will move to the Critical level (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System to halt COVID-19 transmission and protect Manitoba’s most vulnerable citizens. “We have taken steps in individual regions, but it’s time to take a more drastic approach to halt the rising case number and wide-spread community transmission of this deadly virus,” said Dr. Brent Roussin, Manitoba’s chief provincial public health officer. “I cannot stress enough to all Manitobans – now is the time to stay home and reduce your close contacts.”
The new Critical (red) level restrictions will be in effect provincewide and include:
- Social contacts reduced to your household only. Social gatherings are not permitted.
- Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted and non-essential travel is discouraged.
- Retail businesses listed as critical services, such as grocery stores and pharmacies, can remain open at 25 per cent capacity.
- Retail businesses not on the list are able to provide e-service, curbside pickup or delivery services.
- All personal service businesses, including hair salons, barbers and sites offering manicures, pedicures and other esthetic services, must close.
- Gyms and fitness centres must close.
- Religious and cultural gatherings must close or be provided virtually only.
- Restaurants must close to the public and may be open for delivery, drive-thru or takeout only.
- All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.
In addition, no changes will be made to child-care services or to kindergarten to Grade 12 education delivery at this time. Roussin noted the province has not seen widespread transmission among children, students and staff. The complete list of restrictions and safety measures can be found here.
The province announced today new funding for small and medium-sized businesses impacted by COVID-19 restrictions. Click here for more information about the Bridge Grant.
- Read the full announcement here
- For information on self-isolation, click here
- Click here for the online assessment tool
- COVID-19 symptoms can be found here
- For questions about critical services and changes to the Pandemic Response System, click here
- For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, click here
- For up-to-date information on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, click here