Environment and Climate Change Canada’s (ECCC) Lake Winnipeg Basin Program (LWBP) provides funding for targeted, outcome-focused actions that address at least one of the following LWBP priorities:
- Nutrient Reduction
- Collaborative Governance
- Indigenous Engagement
The Lake Winnipeg Basin Program implements a two stage application process:
Stage 1: Letter of Intent: Applicants are asked, using the attached template, to submit a Letter of Intent (maximum 2 pages). Letters of Intent will be reviewed by ECCC against the following criteria:
- The Letter of Intent does not exceed two pages;
- The project contributes to at least one of the three LWBP priorities;
- The requested level of federal funding is between 1/3 and 2/3 of the total project value;
- The start date and end date are clearly stated (must end before March 31, 2022);
- The project takes place in the Canadian portion of the Lake Winnipeg Basin; and
- The submission is from an eligible applicant.
Stage 2: Project Proposal Submission: Once a Letter of Intent is deemed eligible, applicants will be invited to submit a project proposal using the Grants and Contributions Enterprise Management System (GCEMS), ECCC’s new online application system.
Please refer to the attached Applicant Guide for further program information including eligibility and the application process.
If you are interested in funding through the Lake Winnipeg Basin Program, please submit a Letter of Intent no later than 11:59p.m. (CST), February 5, 2021.
Applicants may send their submission via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or via mail to:
Lake Winnipeg Basin Program
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Suite 150, 123 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4W2
(MUST be postmarked on or before February 5, 2021)